Heparin sodium is a sulphated glycosaminoglycans prepared from the intestinal mucosa of healthy pigs. it has the characteristic property of delaying the clotting of freshly shed blood through its action on antithrombin iii which inhibits the activity of thrombin and factor xa. thrombin and factor xa influence conversion of fibrinogen to fibrin, which is the main clotting process.
Heparin sodium function
1. The treatment of various diseases concurrent disseminated intravascular coagulopathy early.
2. Prevent artery and vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
3. Treatment of dynamic, venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism, ischemic stroke, unstable angina (to reduce symptoms, prevent myocardial infarction), acute myocardial infarction (to prevent early to infarction and infarction area extension, reduce mortality).
4. A heart-lung hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis or as anticoagulant drugs.
5. As dissolve thrombus therapy’s maintenance therapy.
6.As vitro anticoagulants when used for blood transfusion to prevent blood coagulation and save blood in blood bank.